Sunday, September 23, 2007

Top 5 reasons I may go broke in Philly...

Philadelphia is a great walking city, and the area where I live is full of shops, restaurants, and bars. The only problem is that it's far too easy to reach destinations where I am almost certain to spend money. Here are my top 5 thus far:
1. Di Bruno Bros--fancy cheeses and pastries, prepared stuff, and cupcakes with towers of icing. A cheese obsession can be very dangerous when the stuff goes for around $20/lb.
2. Gap--not one, but two, nearby, plus an outlet. Especially bad.
3. Anthropologie--not that I can afford most of the stuff, but it has a very large sale selection with awesome tops. And it's in a cool historic building.
4. Capogiro--a gelato place with $4.50/bowl gelato in different flavors every single day
5. Italian Market--everything is cheap but it all adds up...lunch at a cafe, ravioli from the pasta factory, pastries from Isgro's, produce at the stands...and I haven't even tried the Mexican places in the neighborhood yet.

No comments: