Thursday, June 26, 2008

Miniature wonders in a garden railway

I recently drove out to the Morris Arboretum with my grandparents on a beautiful weekend to see the flowers. I'd read that there would be a miniature railway, but I had no idea how elaborate it would be. This is apparently a yearly creation, and the theme for this year was "Architectural Wonders of the World." Mixed in with the famous buildings were historical landmarks from the Philadelphia area, such as several Boathouse Row boathouses and the Powel House. Below you can see the recreation of Bartram House, which I wrote about visiting this fall.All of the buildings were creatively constructed with natural materials, which gave the whole railway the look of some sort of fairy town. Adding to that effect were the world wonders scattered around the garden. My grandparents had visited most of the places and it was a chance for them to reminisce about their travels. I, on the other hand, have plenty of traveling yet to do.


Check out more pics of the railway and gardens on my Flickr stream.

No comments: